"Who we are and who we are meant to become is a collection of constant creation and revision...I am still a work in progress."

Sunday, September 18, 2011


Taking on my Education
One Door at a Time

While I lazily walk around campus on a Sunday morning, I stop in front of the most curious of buildings. I usually run past it on my way to an 8 a.m. class, but this morning I just take a moment to admire its' beautiful architecture. The building is known to be home to the fine and performing arts. Since I am interested in the fine arts, it is no wonder that I feel such a strong connection to this building.

As I wait outside, I look at several students who make their way past the crimson door. Even though, I would love to walk right through that door, I stop myself. I want to make sure that when I open that door, I belong. Although it was easy to have someone open the door for me, I want to find a way to open the door myself. I decide to find a way to involve myself within the arts building. I will take this opportunity and learn for myself what truly is behind that crimson door. Through this simple story, I have decided what it means to take my education.

I want to earn my education, not have it be handed to me on a silver platter. Throughout my time at Saint Joseph's University, I will take the initiative to make the best version of myself. I am both passionate and dedicated to make this possible. By working to the best of my ability, I will gain a greater education as well as a sense of accomplishment.

No comments: